“O come Emmanuel, O Bright and Morning Star, who turns our darkness into light.” These words from a beloved hymn capture the heart of those who no longer fear the darkness but rejoice in the greatest gift of all – our Savior!
Your generous support of LSM has allowed us to share the Light with children and families around the world. By God’s grace, our Christ-centered programs are transforming the lives of vulnerable children in Haiti, Ethiopia, and the United States, allowing them to reach their full, God-given potential and change their countries for Christ. We praise God for the generosity of our faithful supporters and His abundant blessings, which allow us to make an incredible impact for His glory (see lower section).
As you read the story of Pierre and Eli (see “Light of the World” below), the power of God’s love is so evident! Just imagine being 5 years old and waiting to be sent away as a child slave or losing your father and home in an earthquake. These stories begin with heartache but end in hope, as these two boys recently joined our new Isaac Home of Hope and began to experience God’s love! We rejoice that God has a good plan for every child we serve. We also thank God for you – for your prayers and generous support. Without your love and investment, many defenseless children would not be empowered to thrive. Without you, there is simply no way we could reflect God’s love to children and families in such difficult places and point them to Emmanuel – God with us!
Your support at year-end 2023 means so much and allows us to grow and deepen our work with the world’s most vulnerable children. This year, we’re pleased to announce that a generous donor will match all year-end donations up to a total of $100,000. This means the value of your donation is doubled!
We can’t thank you enough for your prayers and support. May God richly bless you in the coming year as we praise Jesus for being our Bright Morning Star in this world that so desperately needs His light!
LIGHT OF THE WORLD
Pierre was born into deep poverty as the youngest of 8 children. Tragically, 5 of his siblings had already been sent away as child slaves. Without someone intervening, 5-year-old Pierre was simply waiting for the time he too would be sent away to work long days as a child slave.
Eli’s situation was equally desperate. When a 7.2 earthquake struck his village, his home was immediately destroyed. But even worse, the earthquake triggered a mudslide that tragically took the life of his father. His mother, under such incredible stress, became very abusive. With no one to comfort him, Eli regularly suffered from nightmares of hiding among the earthquake rubble and losing his father.
The future for Pierre and Eli seemed hopeless, but God intervened and led our LSM staff to them. Jesus said, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness but shall have the light of life” (John 8:12).
Thanks to the generosity of donors like you, Pierre and Eli were rescued from darkness and joined our new Isaac Home of Hope family! They have love and security from a caring dad and mom, and they attend school and church. We praise God that your loving support allows us to share the love of Jesus and bring hope to the world’s most vulnerable children. Thank you!
BLESSED BY YOU IN 2023
- We opened the JOSEPH & ISAAC HOMES OF HOPE to rescue vulnerable boys who were at-risk of abuse and child slavery.
- Our LSM TECH STUDENTS MENTORED & SHARED THE GOSPEL with nearly 20 children in their local community through our Family Preservation program.
- WE EXPANDED OUR REDEMPTION SCHOOL to now offer education through the 13th grade to its 200 students.
- WE SHARED THE LIFE-CHANGING GOSPEL WITH 175 CHILDREN, many from Muslim backgrounds.
- We hosted a 6-week SUMMER CAMP FOR 53 CHILDREN at our inner-city Family Preservation location, which focused on discipleship and life skills.
- OUR BUSINESS TRAINING PROGRAM empowered 85 single mothers to start their own businesses and provide for their family.
- We opened a NEW RESPITE HOME that gives local foster and adoptive parents the chance to relax and reconnect.
- We added a 2nd counselor to our staff and provided over 500 HOURS OF FREE COUNSELING to local foster & adoptive children and families.
- WE HELPED NEARLY 100 COUPLES with the adoption process free of charge.
YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
WILL YOU PRAYERFULLY CONSIDER MAKING A GENEROUS GIFT THIS CHRISTMAS SEASON TO EMPOWER VULNERABLE CHILDREN TO TRANSFORM THEIR CULTURE FOR CHRIST?
This Christmas, your gifts have maximum impact with our matching grant! Join us as we step into 2024 with faith that He will provide!