Once a child is in a stable Home of Hope family, they begin to receive the love and support they need to heal from their past—even a past marred by abuse and neglect. It is here that Child Development becomes a critical component. Take a deep dive into our approach to Child Development in Haiti right here.
OUR HAITIAN TEAM OFFERS SPECIAL TRAINING, RESOURCES AND ONE-TO-ONE EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT FOR EACH CHILD IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Biblical Discipleship and Learning to Serve Others
- Formal Education and Scholarship Opportunities
- Critical and Creative Thinking Skills
- Trauma Counseling and Care
- English (ESL) Curriculum and a Bi-Lingual Library
- Life Skills Training (day seminars, talks and monthly visits to each home)
- Career Counseling and Vocational Planning
- Summer Continuing Education Opportunities
- Parenting Seminars and Training
THIS PROVIDES EACH CHILD WITH A WELL-ROUNDED EDUCATION INCLUDING BOTH PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENTAL OPPORTUNITIES FROM CHILDHOOD TO YOUNG ADULTHOOD THAT ARE NOT OTHERWISE AVAILABLE IN HAITI.
PRIVATE CHRISTIAN SCHOOLS
In addition to the family-based Child Development opportunities, we operate two private Christian schools – one at our Redemption Campus and the other at our Welsh Campus. These schools offer quality education to over 300 students and include English as a Second Language (ESL), computer and technology courses.
Our Haitian teachers and LSM staff have dedicated their life’s work to these intentional programs so that the Home of Hope children (and local community children who also attend these schools) receive the best education possible.
The Child Development program helps our children with their ability to learn and problem solve within their own culture and community. These skills are not generally taught in Haitian schools, which are traditionally based only on rote memorization.