LSM IS DEVELOPING MULTIPLE BUSINESSES IN HAITI FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING:
- Revenue streams for LSM’s ongoing operations in Haiti
- Revenue to ensure future growth to LSM’s mission and outreach
- Sustainable job opportunities for Home of Hope young adults
- Employment for other Haitian men and women
These business initiatives are mission critical to creating long-term sustainability for our Homes of Hope and other endeavors, reducing the need for international aid coming into Haiti. In a country where an estimated 80% of adults do not have formal, consistent work, this is a vital part to creating stability for future generations.
We are in the process of purchasing 40 acres of land in Les Cayes, which will be home to a variety of retail, wholesale, manufacturing, assembly, warehousing and service businesses. All of these will provide a revenue stream for the funding of LSM operations in Haiti.
SEVERAL KEY INDUSTRY AND SPECIFIC BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES ARE BEING IDENTIFIED IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Manufacturing and Assembly