PASSPORT TO HAITI
We invite you to learn more about the country that we live in. You will be able to step into our daily life in order to see first-hand what life is like for our family. We’d also love for you to not only pray for our country but also try some recipes that we make regularly!
Our girls want to connect with your kids, too! Let us introduce you to some fun activities that your whole family can enjoy! See what our home looks like and learn about the games we play, food we eat and about our school. We even have activity sheets you can download. Don’t forget to send us a note (see below), so we can learn about your life also!
WRITING TO YOUR HOME OF HOPE FAMILY
Notes are a great opportunity to spread the joy of His love and build a deeper relationship with your Home of Hope family! We want to offer you an opportunity to encourage and support the parents and children in the Abba family.
What Should I Say To My Home of Hope Family?
- Use simple sentences that can be translated easily or understood by the children (they are learning English!)
- Write about yourself, your family, your interests, church, work, pets, food you like, music, and other hobbies (and send in pictures!)
- Ask questions about their lives and culture.
- Encourage the children in their school work, hobbies and interests.
- Share your favorite scripture and ask about their favorite verses. Ask about church and their favorite bible stories.
- Let them know you’re praying for them and ask for any specific prayer requests they have.
- Encourage the family and their relationship with the Lord. Remind them that God loves each of them!
What Do I Need To Be Careful Of?
- Letters should be humble and positive.
- Consider your family’s environment. Be sensitive about material possessions or elaborating on vacations. This could make the family feel embarrassed or deprived.
- Be sensitive to the fact that many children have been orphans, so they may not know where they were born or their actual birth date.
- Please do NOT ask the family if there is anything they need. Your sponsorship meets their needs. If a specific need arises we will share that with you.
NOTE: LSM staff will review all messages beforehand and will not include information that is inappropriate.
Simple Haitian Creole Phrases:
Bonjou – Good Morning
Bonswa – Good afternoon / Evening
Koman ou ye? – How are you?
Wi – Yes
Non – No
Mesi – Thanks
Souple – Please
Pa de Kwa – You’re welcome
Tout bagay anfom? – Is everything ok?
Ou byen? – Are you ok?
Kijan ou ye? – How are you?
Pase bonn jounen. – Have a good day.
Map songje ou. – I miss you.
Mewn rele? – My name is _______.
How old are you? – Kilaj ou?
Orevwa – Goodbye
God bless you. – Bondje beni ou.
Jesus loves you. – Jezi renmen ou.
CONNECT WITH YOUR HOME OF HOPE FAMILY!
Send Photos, Artwork or Handwritten Cards to:
attn: Jen Schwartz, Family Sponsorship
P.O. Box 375, Bluffton, IN 46714
THE IMPACT OF YOUR SUPPORT
Your ongoing support is providing so much beyond a loving family for these precious children to grow up in. Through your partnership, they receive a full continuum of care from childhood through young adulthood, resulting in self-sufficient leaders who can transform their culture for Christ. The puzzle pieces to the right describe the transformative pieces each child will get as they grow up in this Home of Hope family.
If you haven’t already, read through the pages below and learn more about the programs each child in the family receives.
HELP SPREAD THE LIFE-CHANGING STORY
Please prayerfully consider sharing this incredible opportunity with someone new. If every sponsor found just one person to join us, we would be able to fully fund all of the Homes of Hope.
You can do this by sharing about your Home of Hope family in a variety of ways:
- Like LSM on Facebook and share the page with your friends.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram
- Subscribe to the LSM blog.
- Share with a friend about your Home of Hope family. Encourage them to become family sponsors, too! They can sign up here.
Thank you for your incredible investment in the lives of these children. You are truly changing future generations in Haiti and helping transform entire communities for Christ!
Monthly Supporters: Credit Cards and EFT donations are deducted on the 20th of every month. A reminder letter will be sent if you send in a check.
Quarterly Supporters: Credit Cards and EFT donations are deducted on the last month of each quarter on the 20th of the month. A reminder letter will be sent the last month of each quarter for your support.
Annual Supporters: Credit Cards and EFT donations are deducted annually from your submission month on the 20th day of the month. A reminder letter will be sent annually from your submission month for your support.
* all tax deductible receipts are sent on an annual basis in January of the following year.