With every step of this journey, we’ve wondered how God would provide for the ideas He kept bringing to us. The scope seemed too big. The problems overwhelming. But at each turn, you have caught the vision too, seen the faces of those it would impact, and made it possible. You’ve brought your expertise, financial gifts, time and prayers to the table to empower once vulnerable children to become godly leaders within their own cultures. The ripple effects here and in the Kingdom are nothing short of miraculous.
Would you prayerfully consider partnering with us as we continue the life-changing work God is leading in this Christmas season and beyond? Every gift makes a difference, and between now and the end of the year, your gift will be matched by our generous donors!
HIGHLIGHTS FROM 2017
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT GROWS: Aggregate, Precast & Concrete Block Plants are underway!
- CONSTRUCTION OF LSM TECH makes huge progress in preparing for our first students!
- OUR 20TH HOME OF HOPE OPENED! 240 children (12 in each family) are receiving a complete Continuum of Care from childhood through adulthood.
IN THE COMING YEAR:
- A NEW HOME OF HOPE CAMPUS is being developed.
- AN LSM GROCERY STORE will open as a new Business Development venture to support Home of Hope operations.
- PROGRAMS EXPAND TO NEW AREA and now help a total of 40 vulnerable families!
- FIRST VBS provided growing opportunities for our children.
- QUALITY PRIVATE SCHOOL EDUCATION is now available to every child we serve.
IN THE COMING YEAR:
- ADDITIONAL SMALL BUSINESS TRAINING will be provided to single moms.
- CHILD DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS continue to expand!
- ADOPTION RESOURCES HELPED 150 FAMILIES this year, totaling 8,000 served.
- NEW OFFICE BUILDING PURCHASED and The Gospel Project introduced.
- FAMILY SPONSORSHIP PROGRAMS have taken huge leaps forward in connecting sponsors with Haiti & Ethiopia!
IN THE COMING YEAR:
- THE GOSPEL PROJECT will launch at new offices.
- OPPORTUNITIES WILL GROW for volunteering and church partnerships!
These amazing projects make it clear that God is on the move. But even more so, we see it in the personal lives of children like Davidson, Getchu and Abdi. Read their stories here!
Davidson grew up knowing the sting of hunger and loneliness. His father was severely handicapped, barely able to move, let alone find work to provide for his son. As his condition worsened, Davidson had to quit school and try to find food for them both. His days were filled with thoughts of how they would survive another day.
Years later, those memories are still vivid in Davidson’s mind, and he doesn’t for a moment take for granted what he’s been given. In 2008, a local pastor who knew about his situation brought him to the Chantal Home of Hope where his life forever changed. Through LSM’s Continuum of Care, Davidson has been equipped with a quality education, mentors, discipleship and a nurturing family. From starving and vulnerable to a thriving and smart young man, Davidson now has everything he needs to become a leader in his country!
As he nears graduation from secondary school, Davidson dreams of becoming a doctor like his Home of Hope brother, who is already at University. He says, “I want to care for people who need help and share some of the blessings I’ve been given!”
GETCHU & ABDI
When Getchu and Abdi’s father died, their mother struggled to find a way to feed her two young sons. A significant paralysis of her legs and hands made most jobs impossible. The boys never dreamed of having an education or future beyond their current poverty.
But the last two years have been a powerful step toward stability for this family.
Through LSM’s support, the unthinkable is becoming a reality! Getchu and Abdi are both enrolled in a private school where they are gaining a quality education. They are being equipped with tools and resources that will enable them to provide for themselves as adults. They can dream about their futures. And not only has their mother received small business training to learn how to effectively sell her beautiful handmade crafts for a profit, she’s also receiving emotional, financial and physical support along the way from our dedicated staff.
“LSM has changed our lives! They introduced us to Jesus and I have learned, despite my disability, to be creative and make handmade crafts to support my children. God has blessed me and I am thankful to place my faith in Jesus as a role model for my boys. It is so good to know that even after I am gone, they will have the support and education to succeed on their own!” – Alem, Getchu & Abdi’s mother
DON’T FORGET YOUR GIFT IS MATCHED!
We want to thank you for the ways you’ve prayed and given towards the work of LSM. We hope it’s clear as you read the powerful stories of hope that change is possible – and that you have an important role in this work.
Would you prayerfully consider partnering with us as we continue the life-changing work God is leading in this Christmas season and beyond?